Big Sky, Montana
Big Sky is a small community of 2300 residents nestled in the spectacular Madison Mountains of Southwest, Montana located halfway between Bozeman, MT and West Yellowstone along highway 191.
- More than 25 flights a day arrive into nearby Bozeman, Montana (BZN) on these major airlines: Delta/SkyWest, United/United Express, Alaska/ Horizon, Frontier and Allegiant.
- From Bozeman, Big Sky is a 45-minute drive on US Highway 191 through the beautiful Gallatin River Canyon
- Race participants have a full range of accommodation options in the area for the weekend. From the Big Sky Resort Huntley Lodge, which is a 30 second walk from the race start/finish line, to nearby Forest Service campgrounds, there is something to suit everyone!
- Don’t forget to make time to head down to Yellowstone National Park before or after the race to see the fall colors turning,and, of course, hear the elk bugling!
Accommodations / Lodging Deals
Big Sky Resort
Stay a quick crawl from the start/finish line with the Herd Relays’ exclusive lodging at Big Sky Resort.
- Call Big Sky Central Reservations at 800-548-4486 and be sure to mention the Herd Relays for a discounted rate.
- Or you can book via the Herd Lodging Link HERE.
Camping at Big Sky Resort
We are so excited to announce that Big Sky Resort will be offering some limited camping opportunities this summer. The details are still being finalized as of 4/25/22, and we will be sure to update as soon as we can.
- Camping is limited to only the designated area (final number of spots TBD). No other camping will be permitted.
- Camping will be located in a portion of the Free Skier parking lot.
- Dry camping only, no services offered by Big Sky Resort
- No open flames
- RVs, Sprinter Vans, Truck Campers, and tow-behind campers are permitted. (Sorry, no tent camping)
- Generators are permitted during the day
- Reservations must be made online, in advance
More info will be updated as soon as we get it!