2020 HERD RELAYS CANCELLED
IN LIGHT OF THE COVID-19 CRISIS, WE HAVE MADE THE HARD DECISION TO CANCEL THE 2020 HERD RELAYS. THOUGH WE VERY MUCH HOPE THAT EVENTS ARE ABLE TO BE HELD AS PLANNED IN JULY, WE FEEL THE TIME IS NOT RIGHT TO LAUNCH A FIRST-YEAR EVENT. WE WILL BE OFFERING A REFUND OPTION TO ALL OF OUR CURRENTLY REGISTERED PARTICIPANTS. THOUGH WE WOULD LOVE NOTHING MORE THAN TO HAVE THE RACE THIS YEAR, PLEASE KNOW THAT WE ARE ALREADY EXCITED TO HOST THE HERD RELAYS IN JULY OF 2021 AT BIG SKY RESORT. PLEASE KEEP THE EVENT ON YOUR RADAR FOR NEXT YEAR!
AS A CONSOLATION, WE HOPE TO BRING BACK THE RUT TRAINING RUNS TO BIG SKY ON JULY 11TH. IF YOU ARE SIGNED UP FOR THE RUT MOUNTAIN RUNS OR JUST WANT TO CHECK OUT SECTIONS OF THE COURSE FOR THE FIRST TIME, THE RUT TRAINING RUNS ARE A GREAT OPPORTUNITY TO GET OUT AND EXPLORE LONE PEAK. WE WILL BE IN TOUCH IN THE COMING WEEKS AND MONTHS TO GIVE YOU UPDATES. WISHING YOU ALL HEALTH AND WELLNESS DURING THESE CHALLENGING TIMES.
~RE EVENTS TEAM
3 & 6 person teams | 4 Categories
- Male – Both 3 and 6 person teams must be all male.
- Female – Both 3 and 6 person teams must be all female.
- Coed – 3 person teams must have at least 1 female. 6 person teams must have at least 2 females to be considered coed.
- High School – All individuals must be currently enrolled in a high school or middle school. High School Teams will be broken down into Male, Female and Coed categories as well.
6 Person Team:
- 2/25-4/30: $450/$75 per person
- 5/1-6/30: $540/$90 per person
- 7/1-7/10: $660/$110 per person
3 Person Team:
- 2/25-4/30: $300/$100 per person
- 5/1-6/30: $345/$115 per person
- 7/1-7/10: $405/$135 per person
High School 6 Person:
- 2/25-6/30: $390/$65 per person
- 7/1-7/10: $450/$75 per person
High School 3 Person:
- 2/25-6/30: $225/$75 per person
- 7/1-7/10: $270/$90 per person
*There will be no race day registration
*The Herd Relays is capped at 600 Participants
Team Captains & Payment:
The first person to register for your team will create the team name and become the default team captain. However, the team captain does NOT have to pay for the whole team. The rest of the team members, when registering, can join the existing team created by the team captain and then pay their registration fees separately.
*There will be no deferrals, credits, transfers or waitlists for the Herd Relays.
Herd Runners receive
- Herd Relays custom t-shirt
- Custom team race bibs
- Each individual on the team will receive a unique finishers medal
- Big Sky Brewing Co. Beer or Virga Sparkling Water
- Chip Timing from Competitive Timing with live results kiosk at the finish line
- Discounted room rates at Big Sky Resort
- Custom awards to the top teams in each category
- Fully stocked base area aid station. *Remember that we are a cupless event.
- Medical and safety support from Big Sky Ski Patrol and our medical partners
- An incredible experience running around the flanks of Lone Peak in Big Sky, Montana with hundreds of your closest friends
- And, of course, a post-race party!